Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shock Box Media

The design and identity of a New Media based Promotion outlet entitled Shock Box Media.

Most of my inspiration does come from the past, and one of my projects really showcased this. I wanted to go in a 80's direction but modernize it for this decade. What I did is start by making a basic pattern relying on just simple forms and heavy saturated colors. The result were these:



After I was happy with the patterns, I wanted to bring in other elements that would compliment them with out actually taking away from them. I settled on a half tone element that gave enough play on white space to not make the colored forms over bearing.




With this out of the way, it was time to come up with the logo face. Taking a visual clue from the Impossible Cube i wanted to emulate this best as I could. I messed around with a bunch of ideas, with these being some of my finals.





The one I decided on was this mark though:


After that creating the actual identity itself came rather easy.


• The Letterhead:




• The Business Cards Package. I attempted to make little calling cards with slip cases that can be handed to client along with any promotional materials.




Like this:






Shamless Self Promotion is always a good thing!

No comments: